Last Updated: November 22, 2019
Welcome to the Pepea Studio. The website by the domain name “www.pepeastudio.com” (hereinafter referred to as the “Platform”) is operated by Envisage Solutions Limited, a private limited company based in 6th Floor, Woodlands Business Park, Kiambere Road, Nairobi, Kenya (“Pepea Studio”, “we”, ”our” or “us”).
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and process the following data about you.
- Information you give us about you (submitted information):
- provided while filling forms on the Platform;
- provided while corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat);
- including information you provide when you register to use the Platform, subscribe to any of our services, buy products listed on the Platform, search for a service, share data via the Platform, enter a competition (if any), promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the Platform, our services, or any of our sites and/or mobile application; and
- Information we collect about you and your device, each time you visit our Platform we may collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, unique device identifiers, information about the device, mobile network information, your device operating system, the type of browser you use, IP address or your device’s location and time zone setting (collectively referred to as “Device Information”);
- We may also use GPS technology or other location services to determine your current location (“Location Information”).
- Information we receive from other sources (“Third Party Information”). We reserve the right to work with a limited number of third parties (including credit reference agencies, mobile network providers, and collection agencies etc.) and may receive information about you from them.
- HOW WE USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION?
- We also collect from our users, non-personally identifiable information, as stated above. This information does not identify a specific user. We, and/or our authorized third-party service providers and advertisers, may automatically collect this information when you visit our Platform through the use of electronic tools like cookies and web beacons or pixel tags etc.
- We use non-personally identifiable information to troubleshoot, administer the Platform, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized third-party service providers and advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming.
- RELEASE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as provided below:
- We may share your information withother parties who may provide some products or services on our behalf or through us (if any). We may share your personally identifiable information with them so that they can contact you regarding a transaction. However, we will only share personally identifiable information if you engage in an identification activity, and then only to those involved in that identification activity. Notwithstanding the above, Pepea Studio will only do so with -in notice to you, in which you will have a chance to choose that Pepea Studio not give them your personal information.
- We may share your information with Authorized Third-Party Service Providers.We may provide some of our services and products through third parties. The third-party service providers perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails. We may share your personally identifiable information with such third party service providers to fulfil orders, deliver packages, send postal or email (administrative and promotional), administer contests or sweepstakes, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate the Platform, troubleshoot, and provide customer service. We may also collect personal information from individuals and companies (“Affiliates”) with whom we have business relationships and may have to also share their information with third party service providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. For example, when you order a product, we release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for the service and, if applicable, release your address to the delivery service to deliver the product. Likewise, we may release an Affiliate’s information to our bank to send out a payment. We encourage third party service providers to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
- Other Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Pepea Studio may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Pepea Studio or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users/customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if you authorize said disclosure;
- RELEASE OF NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- We may use your data for the purposes of compiling statistics relating to our user base and may disclose such information to any third party for such purposes, provided that such information is used anonymously.
- We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with our partners, affiliates and advertisers. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any personally identifiable information) with “third party advertisers” or “third party advertising companies” and other parties as provided below:
- We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit, access and/or use our Platform. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- We may also use third party service providers to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our users to administer our Platform and constantly improve its quality. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for advertisers. Please note that this is not personally identifiable information, only general summaries of the activities of our users.
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We take security seriously and take numerous precautions to protect the security of Personally Identifiable Information. We use best security systems and practices designed to protect your information and to prevent unauthorized access to your data. Examples of our security practices include:
- You can access your personally identifiable information on our Platform through a password and your email address/User Id. Sensitive user data, such as account passwords and email addresses, are stored in encrypted format.
- All communications through our Platform are protected in such a manner to ensure that user data in transit is safe, secure, and is available only to intended recipients.
- Automatic applications and infrastructure are regularly tested for security vulnerabilities and hardened to enhance security and protect against attacks.
- User data on our database is logically segregated by account-based access rules. User accounts have unique usernames and passwords that must be entered each time a user logs on.
We are committed to handling your personal information with respect and care. However, regardless of the security precautions taken, no physical, Internet or other wireless/electronic transmission or storage of data can be fully secure or error free. You should understand this when choosing to use any product or services that include the physical or electronic storage or transmission of your data. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone.
- DATA TRACKING
- Session Data:We may automatically log generic information about your device’s connection to the Internet, which we call “session data”, that is anonymous and not linked to any personal information. Session data consists of information such as the IP address, operating system, type of browser software being used by you and the activities conducted by you on our Platform. An IP address is a number that lets devices attached to the Internet, such as our web servers, know where to send data back to the user, such as the pages of the site the user wishes to view. We collect session data because it helps us analyze things such as the items visitors are likely to click on most, the manner in which visitors click preferences on our Platform, number of visitors surfing to various pages on the site, time spent by the visitors on our Platform and frequency of their visit. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better administer our systems. Although such information does not identify any visitor personally, it is possible to determine from an IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider (ISP), and the approximate geographic location of user’s point of connectivity.
- Other Tracking Devices:We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of our Platform pages and promotions, or we may allow our third-party service providers to use these devices on our behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our Platform, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behaviour on our Platform, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our affiliates and/or marketing partners for the same purposes.
- PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
- MISCELLANEOUS PRIVACY ISSUES
- Children:Minors under the age of 18 may not use the Platform. We do not collect or maintain information from anyone known to be under the age of 18 and no part of the Platform is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18.
- Public Areas:We may provide areas on our Platform where you can publicly post information about yourself, can communicate with others, or can review products and submit media content. This information may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a public review, you may receive unsolicited messages. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal information.
Data Protection Officer